Nous sommes Sanofi
Chez Sanofi, nous poursuivons les miracles de la science pour améliorer la vie des gens. Les grandes découvertes scientifiques ne se font pas en un jour et sans un travail acharné. ...
Description du poste et des missions
The Emerging Chemical Modalities Department, part of the Integrated Drug Discovery scientific platform in Sanofi R&D, is seeking a highly motivated experienced organic chemist for a Principal Scientist, Lab Head position. It is a permanent position at the major Sanofi Research site – Vitry-sur-Seine, near Paris, in France. The successful candidate will lead the chemistry, conjugation and formulation effort to develop targeted lipid nanoparticles for the safe and effective delivery of oligonucleotide therapeutics.
- Design target molecules by rationale and hypothesis in alignment with project team
- Research current literature to formulate synthetic and medicinal chemistry strategies
- Synthesize, and characterize target molecules with high degree of independence and reliability in a timely manner
- Develop innovative solutions to overcome synthetic challenges through literature review and creative thinking
- Manage internal and external chemistry collaboration or outsourcing at CRO as needed
- Manage and develop associates to meet team goals
- Maintain a safe and productive laboratory environment
- Maintain accurate records of experiments and inventory of compounds
- Present research findings and progress at project team meetings
- Develop and maintain a culture of teamwork and collaboration
- Perform other duties as assigned when priority shifts
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Ph.D. in organic chemistry, medicinal chemistry or equivalent with minimum 3 years’ experience, including pharma or biotech experience
- Extensive experience with multi-step organic synthesis, conjugation of antibody-based biologics, nanoparticle design and formulation
- Outstanding publication records in internationally recognized peer-reviewed journals
- Proficiency in using modern organic and protein chemistry methods and instruments such as flash chromatography, HPLC, SEC, NMR, LC-MS
- In depth knowledge in analytical chemistry
- Experience in project and team management
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Curiosity and willingness to work in collaboration with internal and external partners
- Ability to be proactive and to innovate in problem solving
- Fluent French and English speaking, reading and writing skills
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
As part of its diversity commitment, Sanofi is welcoming and integrating people with disabilities.
Lieu de la mission
Ce site a pour vocation la mise en contact de candidats avec des recruteurs des laboratoires pharmaceutiques et des industries de santé, à l'exclusion de tout autre secteur industriel ou commercial.
Pour toute demande d’information, contacter le Leem par mail à l'adresse suivante : email@example.com