A career at Merck is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your rôle :
New trends and expectations are reshaping the Life Science industry. Robotics and Digital are becoming the new challenges associated with this revolution. In order to consolidate our robotics and digital strategy, Merck Life Science in Molsheim is looking for a Robotics Engineer. You will be a key member of the R&D, involved in the Robotics strategy deployment by collaborating with major robotics companies. We are looking for individuals with a diverse skillset from digital to collaborative robotics to help build our future products. You will drive the technical part of internal and external partnerships on digital and robotics topics and manage the interfaces of collaborative robots with our instruments and end-users (Human-Robot or Robot-Machine interfaces).
You will perform the products development by building and testing complex electromechanical systems or test beds with SDKs Integration in order to bring connectivity and collaboration with robots or digital tools. This include the research, test, and selection of various components e.g. robots, robotic arm, electronics, motors, sensors, communication technologies, etc., to meet the product requirements. In order to meet the best quality product requirements, you will prepare and review technical documentation, including formal reports, such as intellectual property, product specifications, regulatory requirements, verification testing, etc. The work is collaborative with cross-functional and multi-cultural teams. This job is located in Molsheim and request to be fluent in English and a willingness to travel worldwide.
Who you are :
* Master’s degree in related field + 0-3years of related industry experience with good interpersonal communication skills in English (French and /or German is a plus)
* Hands-on robotics and/or embedded systems development with knowledge in co-robotics (Experience with ROS, OpenCV, QT. Computer Vision, Machine/Deep Learning, Artificial Intelligence is plus)
* Fluent in software fundamentals including software design, algorithm development, data structures, code modularity, software testing and maintainability (Fundamentals in C, C++, Matlab, Labview; Software development in a Linux environment)
* Excellent problem-solving skills (Strong analytical & statistical mindset)
* Self-motivated, Autonomous & willing to participate in global and multicultural project with willingness to travel worldwide
What we offer:
At Merck, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2merck.com
To apply for this position, please use the following URL: