A career at Merck is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Reporting to the Director of Planning at the industrial site in Molsheim, France (3 plants), the Production Planning Manager is a member of the management team of the Systems & Solutions plant (technical solutions for the pharmaceutical industry, such as standard or custom-engineered purification machines and chromatography systems, to meet the needs of our clients).
The Production Planning Manager manages a team of 6 planners. Duties include the activities “Commodity and Custom Engineering” in a context of significant sales growth. All production is outsourced to key suppliers, located throughout the world.
Primary responsibilities: align production planning with the needs of the Business, taking into account specific issues and constraints at the plant. As such, the Production Planning Manager represents the voice of the customer within the management team at the plant. Based on the demand and the global distribution network, ensure and manage the availability of resources, such as the production capacities of sub-contractors, to satisfy customer demand: define the production plan, validate priorities and monitor execution.
Who you are:
* 5-year university degree (engineering or similar), with solid experience in an industrial environment, in a multinational matrix organization. A minimum of 5 years expertise in Supply Chain, Marketing Ops or Field Marketing.
* Strong leadership and communication skills, managerial experience, pragmatic and strategic vision to motivate teams, develop your network and effectively interface with partners at the plant and the business.
* Must be open-minded and a driver of change with excellent team management skills; Customer orientation; Ability to improve the planning activities (implement robust processes, tools, KPIs). APICS certification (Basics / CPIM) would be a real plus.
* Must be fluent in English
* Ability to travel (international - 10%)
What we offer:
At Merck, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2merck.com
To apply for this position, please use the following URL: