Antabio is a Labège, France-based biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery of first-in-class small molecule compounds to treat severe infections caused by antibiotic-resistant bacterial pathogens. ANTABIO’s novel compounds block the drug-resistance mechanisms and the virulence of pathogenic bacteria by targeting key bacterial pathways. Using its patented technology, antibacterial discovery expertise, and partnering-oriented business strategy, ANTABIO advances novel drugs that will offer solutions to the shortfall of the current antibacterial arsenal.
Antabio is seeking a senior microbiologist to join our discovery team and work on the characterization of novel drug to support the preclinical development.
The qualified individual will be a biologist with strong experience in microbiology and molecular biology techniques, preferably in the field of antibacterial discovery. The candidate should have appropriate qualifications and relevant work experience. The candidate must be able to interact effectively with scientists and have excellent communication skills in English.
- Conduct microbiological testing of lead compounds to support preclinical development including time kill studies, Frequency of resistance….
- Perform mechanism of action studies on antibacterial lead compounds
- Perform phenotypic and genotypic characterization of bacterial strains
- Analyze data, present results and discuss conclusions within the context of an ongoing drug development research program
- Undertake Biology safety officer role for BSL2 laboratory.
- PhD in microbiology/ molecular biology/pharmacology or related discipline.
- 2+ year experience working in an industrial or academic laboratory setting with proven clinical microbiology knowledge and laboratory skills.
- Experienced laboratory scientist with proven experimental skills and track record of delivery
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Diligently document progress in laboratory notebooks, memos, and reports.
- Prepare scientific presentations and drafts of scientific publications.
- Expert knowledge of bacterial infections and clinical use of antibiotic treatments
- Additionally, a good understanding of antibacterial pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics and experience with the hollow fibre infection model would be a significant advantage.
- Confident leadership qualities
- Enthusiastic, motivated and creative.
- Multi-disciplinary, flexible and good team worker
- Derives satisfaction from exceeding expectations and achievement of jointly held goals.
- Excellent communicator.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Critical and proactive mindset.