A global leader in the interventional cardiology medical device industry, Abbott Vascular provides innovative, minimally invasive and cost-effective products for the treatment of coronary artery disease. Our extensive portfolio includes drug-eluting stents, bare metal stents, coronary guide wires, balloon dilatation catheters, and guiding catheters and accessories.
We are currently building a pipeline for a Financial Analyst position (based in Rungis). Your role will be to:
- Supports the effective execution of financial business plans, by monitoring the financial progress / performance / efficiency and effectiveness of the organization.
- Plays an important advisory role in Business & Financial decisions.
- Ensure existence of controls and local procedures that guarantee integrity of assets and compliance with US and local GAAP and Abbott Policies and Procedures.
- Monitor integrity of financials (e.g. regulatory/ compliance, and establishing and maintaining internal control environment)
- Drive development and preparation of solid financial business plans and analysis helping to ensure the Division delivers on its financial commitments. Explain thought process and analysis to senior management
- Ensure the business plan (Plan/LBE/LRP) is sound, achievable and without any significant disconnects and provide management with periodic, concise updates
- Monitor the progress/performance/efficiency and effectiveness of the organization and make recommendations
- Advise Controller and Management in areas of profit maximization, resource prioritization, and day-to-day operations. Anticipate internal and external trends that can impact business
- Validate expense commitments, pilot monthly and annual closings in collaboration with Abbott France shared services, compare actuals to budgets, prepare appropriate accruals for booking, coordinate with different stakeholders budget monitoring of different cost centers, participate to external and internal audits
- Prepare forecast in collaboration with Management, help Business Managers for strategic analysis, Validate commercial offers on Financial side, monitor quarterly price impact and margin by customer, ensure marketing expense monitoring, develops and maintain sales monitoring for Sales Force Teams. Ensure a daily sales reporting to Management. Participate to staff meetings.
- Ensure continuous business improvement in our financial processes. Facilitates fluid communication and interactions with the rest of the organization, being the active support of different business units. Listen to organization needs, to optimize tools as well as information flow. Establish and present a P&L per business unit every month. Prepare annual review of profitability by customer as well as appropriate segmentation. Propose actions of improvement. Work jointly with Customer Service especially during product launches.
- Compute sales force bonuses as well as non-sales bonuses. Ensure monthly bonus reporting to different category of people. Participate to control and validity of bonus schemes vs budget.
As part of the pipelining process, we would like to meet with qualified candidates in face to face interviews. Should a position become available, we are then able to make an offer to the selected candidate.